Monday, February 22, 2010

"how's my driving?" bumper sticker

The following driver felt frightened by a driver's behavior. This motorist did the right thing. Called in and reported the incident.

"So, I'm driving home from a trip I recently took and this man driving a tractor trailer cut me off in traffic. I had to slam on my breaks and swerve to avoid hitting him. He also moved over to the far left lane, and trucks are not supposed to be in that lane (as per NY state rules on this particular highway).
He had one of those "How's my driving?" Call 1-800-333-SAFE (I totally made that up, so don't even bother calling) bumper stickers on the back of his truck. I called it and reported him. After calming down, I did feel a little bad (okay, like a bitch) for calling, but at the same time, he deserved it.
For Debate:
Have you ever called one of those numbers?
Should I have reported him?
What would you have done?
Are those stickers useful?

~Kate"

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a21716017/hows_my_driving_bumper_sticker?cpg=1&csi=2119486222&pd=-1


EMBARK SAFETY RESPONSE

Kate,
You made the right decision by calling in and reporting the erratic driving behavior of this driver. Once an incident like this is reported, a report is sent to a fleet or safety manager who will take immediate action to discuss the incident with the driver. These How’s My Driving safety decals are very useful in keeping unsafe drivers off the road, which ultimately benefits all motorists. I work for Embark Safety which specializes in proving fleets with these “How’s My Driving” safety decals in order to monitor drivers’ behaviors and reduce fleet related accident rates. Some of our clients have benefited by reducing up to 40% of their annual accidents.

I’d like to encourage everyone to keep it up reporting these unsafe drivers – DO NOT FEEL BAD… This is for the good of road safety. Good Luck!!!

Let me know if you need additional information about our safety program. info@embarksafety.com

No comments:

Post a Comment